You know better than most that life, and death, is unpredictable.
Avant’s Income Protection Life and Total and Permanent Disablement insurance* have been designed with our members in mind.
We know that as you progress through your medical career your insurance needs will change. As you buy a new house or start a family, you need to have cover in place to provide your family with the financial security and freedom to make choices about your future when you need it most, in the event of your death or if you suffer a serious illness or injury.
Income Protection insurance
Avant’s Income Protection insurance provides you with the security of knowing that following an illness or injury, you will receive a monthly benefit to help cover your bills, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Avant’s Income Protection insurance:
- Choice of a monthly benefit for up to 2 years or up to the age of 65
- Choice of a waiting period of 30 or 90 days
- Income protection premiums are usually tax deductible.
To discuss your insurance needs, call us on 1800 010 238 to talk to a specialist who can advise you of an appropriate level of cover or apply online
Life and Total and Permanent Disablement insurance
Avant’s Life and Total and Permanent Disablement insurance pays a lump sum in the event of your death, diagnosis with a terminal illness, or if you are totally and permanently unable to work in your OWN occupation.
Under this cover, the lump sum could reduce the financial strain on your family and help to:
- Pay the mortgage or rent
- Meet ongoing expenses
- Pay for your children’s education
- Cover costly funeral expenses (life cover can be advanced up to $10,000)
- Avant Total and Permanent Disablement benefit is paid in addition to the Income Protection benefit, where applicable.
To discuss your insurance needs, call us on 1800 010 238 to talk to a specialist who can advise you of an appropriate level of cover or apply online.
Are you eligible?
To apply for Avant’s Income Protection Life and Total and Permanent Disablement insurance you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are an existing member of Avant
- You are a registered medical practitioner
- Are at an entry age of between 20 and 45 years old at the time the policy commences
*Life insurance is issued by Hannover under an arrangement with Avant Insurance. If this arrangement ends and Avant Insurance is not able to source another life insurance partner, your insurance cover may end. It may also end for other reasons such as your failure to pay premium. See the PDS for details.