Managing fatigue and optimising your sleep
- Managing fatigue involves self-care and attention to lifestyle factors including regular exercise.
- Have a good sleep environment, free of technology
- Limit your consumption of alcohol
- Whilst at work keep well-hydrated, and take 10-minute power naps during a long shift
- Consider seeing your GP for advice before fatigue becomes a problem
If you have serious concerns about fatigue at work consider taking the following steps:
- Contact Avant’s Medico-legal Advisory Service for support and advice. This will help you understand where you stand on your particular situation.
- See your own GP should you feel that working conditions may be affecting your health.
- Contact your local Doctors Health Advisory Service for support and advice.