As doctors, you know how essential good practice managers are in the successful running of a practice. Why not show your support by nominating your practice manager for an Avant/Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM) scholarship?
Applications are now open for five scholarships to study practice management at UNE Partnerships in 2019. AAPM will contact the practice manager you have nominated and invite them to submit an application form. Practice managers can also apply directly for a scholarship.
Practice owner shares her experience
Dr Elaine Sung, owner of Doctors of South Melbourne, VIC said she nominated her practice manager, Marly Spoddig for the scholarship because she was “born to be a practice manager.”
“We passed accreditation with flying colours with Marly’s leadership and she has been proactive in building a hardworking and happy workplace culture,” she said. “The scholarship has provided a great framework to support her business intuition and I’m sure the practice will evolve into an established clinic and thrive as a result.”
Scholarship an invaluable learning experience
2018 Avant/AAPM Scholarship recipient, Marly (pictured), is currently completing a Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership at UNE Partnerships.
An AAPM member, Marly helped build a new GP clinic from scratch with support from AAPM and their mentoring program. In recognition of her strong work ethic and leadership skills, she was promoted to practice manager and now manages seven GPs, five receptionists and one practice nurse.
“This scholarship has been an invaluable learning experience and allows me to formalise my knowledge, support the practical aspects of my role and grow further towards being an exceptional practice manager and leader,” Marly said. “Thank you for this incredible opportunity to better myself and my clinic.”
Monday, 1 July – Sunday, 11 August 2019.
What's on offer
Five scholarships* up to the value of $4,000 each for online practice management courses at UNE Partnerships.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
1. Be a full financial member of AAPM. Non-members can apply for and where eligible can be accepted into membership prior to applying for the scholarship.
2. Be employed in a medical practice as a practice manager or currently working towards this role.
3. Have completed a minimum of Year 12 or have a minimum of three years’ experience working in a health practice.
4. Meet any other entry criteria for the Advanced Diploma/Diploma/ Certificate required by UNE Partnerships for admission into the relevant courses.
5. Previous Avant/AAPM Scholarship Program recipients, and directors, management and employees of Avant or AAPM, their associated entities and committees, and their immediate families are in eligible.
6. You must be prepared to cover any additional costs associated with enrolment and completion of the nominated course.
For more information about the Avant/AAPM Scholarship Program 2019 visit our website.
*Each scholarship is awarded up to the value of $4,000. For more information and full terms and conditions, visit the AAPM website.